Friday, May 13, 2005

Forgiveness is a great trait!

The human heart and mind work in strange ways. Some people only allow their hearts to make their decisions, yet others only their minds, and a third category both mind and heart.

I personally prefer the latter. I cannot judge any of the above though. I cannot say I never judged anyone before, because I definitely have in some incidents at some point of my life. As I grew up and went through certain situations, especially ones similar to ones I had judged before, I learned something very important. DO NOT EVER JUDGE SOMEONE TILL YOU HAVE BEEN IN THEIR SHOES.

Honestly, it is fair, and believe it or not, in Islam, that is exactly what we are advised us to do both in the Holy Qura'an and in the Hadeeth, we are advised in the Quraan not to speak of others since they may be better than us, and even if not, maybe some day will be.

In short we should all mind our own business and only try to be of support when we can if we can. We should also want for others what we would like for our own selves, as Prophet Muhammed (P.B.U.H) advised in one of his hadeeths.

In this world a lot of people lack a very important quality.. "Forgiveness".
It is alright to be upset at some wrong doings people do to one another, but what is important is not to hold a grudge. Try to always clear the air.. Speak up.. Tell the one who hurt you they did, and how they did, and that you want to sort things out.

Trust me, nothing is worth holding grudges against one another. It is a quality of strength to be able to forgive. You will not forget easily, but that doesn't necessarily mean you cannot forgive. Allah the almighty granted humans one level of mercy and kept ninety nine for himself knowing that we will need his mercy since "Bano Adam" are continuous wrong doers and will need all the forgiveness ever! If Allah says he will forgive us for anything if we sincerely repent, why and how can we not forgive one another??
Try to be understanding and always be the ones who make the approach towards forgiveness and understanding.

I personally do not and did not and can't forget the wrong doings I have encountered from so many people.. But I do know I forgive anyone and every one that has done me wrong and felt sorry for it. For those who did not feel sorry, I do not hold a grudge.. It is between them and He who has created them!

I am not an angel though; what I wrote above does not mean I or you should accept bad treatment. All I am trying to say is, we should all make an effort towards trying to understand why people do the things they do sometimes, even if it is bad. Some times they have reasons or sometimes they don't mean to be hurtful, or whatever! Understanding many a times leads to forgiveness. However, bear in mind that we don't always have to understand. Being told that they do agree to the concept of sorting things out is enough, but to begin with, someone has to initiate the sorting out of the issue itself. What is more and more a point of strength is to just want to be forgiving in as many cases as possible.

Please read the following story, it really has touched my heart. Try to start being forgiving. Rest assure, one day you will need to be forgiven

A story tells that two friends were walking through the desert. During some point of the journey, they had an argument, and one friend slapped the other one in the face. The one who got slapped was hurt, but without saying anything, he wrote in the sand: Today my best friend slapped me on the face.

They kept on walking, until they found an oasis, where they decided to take a bath. The one who had been slapped got stuck in the mire and started drowning, but his friend saved him. After he recovered from the near drowning, he wrote on a stone: Today my best friend saved my life.

The friend, who had slapped and saved his best friend, asked him, "After I hurt you, you wrote in the sand, and now, you write on a stone, why?" The other friend replied:" When someone hurts us, we should write it down in sand, where the winds of forgiveness can erase it away, but when someone does something good for us, we must engrave it in stone where no wind can ever erase it.

Learn to write your hurts in the sand and to carve your blessings in stone. A story tells that two friends were walking through the desert. During some point of the journey, they had an argument and one friend slapped the other one in the face. The one who got slapped was hurt, but without saying anything, he wrote in the sand: Today my best friend slapped me on the face.


They kept on walking, until they found an oasis, where they decided to take a bath. The one who had been slapped got stuck in the mire and started drowning, but his friend saved him. After he recovered from the near drowning, he wrote on a stone: Today my best friend saved my life.

The friend, who had slapped and saved his best friend, asked him, "After I hurt you, you wrote in the sand, and now, you write on a stone, why?" The other friend replied:"When someone hurts us, we should write it down in sand, where the winds of forgiveness can erase it away, but when someone does something good for us, we must engrave it in stone where no wind can ever erase it. Learn to write your hurts in the sand and to carve your blessings in stone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home