Monday, June 20, 2005

The birdy and the kidergarten girl

A little kindergarten girl, was walking in her school play yard, when all of a sudden she finds a bird on the floor. As she approached it, it just stayed there, didn't move much or show fear of the little girl's approach… She sat on the floor and picked the bird up.. Strangely the bird still hadn't made an attempt to flee the little girl's hands. Happily, she walked to her class and put the bird in her bag...

The bell rang; all the other kids dashed into class, each found her place and sat down… Mrs. Fayza the class teacher was about to begin when the head mistress, Mrs. Hala, walked into the class... All the kids stood up. She looked around silently, and then she said: "I believe one of you girls has a bird in her bag… Every one looked to the other, only the little girl kept staring in disappointment at the head mistress…

Mrs. Hala walked up with a faint smile to the little girl and asked: "Do you have a bird in your bag?" In disappointment and fear the headmistress would take the birdy away, she replied in a very low tone, "yes, but the birdy wants to come home with me, she likes me and doesn't want to leave!"
Mrs. Hala said: "Please open your bag and let the birdy out. The little girl opened the bag but was not so happy while doing as told... The head mistress, the class teacher, the kids in class and the girl anticipated the birdy to come out flying out of the bag, but to every one's astonishment, including the little girl, nothing came out! That made the little girl happy though.

The head mistress asked the little girl where the birdy went, so she peaked into her bag and said, "I told you, birdy likes me, doesn't want to leave me and wants to come home with me. Why don't you believe me? She sadly said.

The head mistress asked the little girl to get the bird out. She did as instructed. To every one's surprise, the bird hoped back into the bag !!!

Every one had a puzzled face, except for of course the little girl who felt that the birdy will not leave her and go, and that maybe the head mistress would walk away...
"See" the little girl said, "I told you, birdy likes me and wants to come back home with me".

The head mistress came herself and took the bird out. Again the bird hopped back in. It was very odd, so she had a closer look inside the bag. The bird had been eating the little girl's toast sandwich!!

The head mistress still insisted that the little girl take the bird out of the class and let her fly away. It was so disappointing to the little girl. But what choice did she have but to do as told. She sadly got the bird out of her bag, and went to the classroom door and opened her hands to let the bird free.
Strange enough, the bird was calm in her little palms. She looked back to the head mistress hoping she might reconsider but still, no was written all over her face. She stood for a while waiting for the bird to fly away, but the bird just stayed there.

What was strange was as soon as the head mistress came close, the bird decided to fly. In agony, the little girl's tears came down as she waved good bye to her birdy.

That little kindergarten girl was me. I was four years at the time.

I've had the strangest, yet most beautiful moments with animals as I grew up. I've always loved animals dearly. Maybe I'll write something soon again about another one of my beautiful encounters. I hope you find them as interesting as I did and still do.

Just a small reminder, Prophet Muhammed (SAW) ordered us to be gentle to animals. (Is there anything Allah or His Propet left out? I doubt)

Allahoma Saly afdal salaatin wa salamin 3ala khatam al nabeyeen wa salem, Sayed Al Khalk Wal khuluk as Allah (SWT) said " إنك لعلى خلق عظيم " Ameen.

15 Comments:

Blogger haal said...

What was the morale of the story again?

2:40 PM, June 21, 2005  
Blogger Dalulla said...

Try to figure it out on your own.. It is quite simple

1:40 AM, June 22, 2005  
Blogger doshar said...

it is a lovely story ya dalia. children have alot of innate love for animals. hope you got a pet later in life :)

1:45 AM, June 22, 2005  
Blogger Dalulla said...

thanks ya doaa, i also wanted to point out to the innate love of animals towards kids too

It is so strange how animals usually act towards kids.. they have a strange kindness towards them rather than fear.

2:23 AM, June 22, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great story Dalulla`...Haal you need some morals to understand the morale of this story. Work harder Haal may be one day you will have some morals in life.

Steve

3:31 AM, June 22, 2005  
Blogger haal said...

LOL... Anonymous Steve, you impress me with ur obsession with me. Really!

Enjoy your morals.

8:53 AM, June 22, 2005  
Blogger Dalulla said...

Thank you Steve. It is just a story out of my memory as a child that i wanted to share.

It reminds me of the saying "If you love something set it free, if it comes back, it's yours, but if not, then it was never meant to be.. I had instantly fallen in love with that bird, but i had to set it free, for it to be happy.. no point in holding it captive..Maybe the only thing that was affecting me then was my sadness.

I've had birds in a cage once or twice as i grew older, i used to close my room door and let them fly around.. But I realized, birds are not meant to be caged up, I do not like seeing birds in cages.. It makes me real sad.

12:20 PM, June 22, 2005  
Blogger Dalulla said...

Haal,
I pity you.. You need help. you need to learn to direct your anger.. or to contain it somehow, why do you mix things up?

The comments here are supposed to be something easy going and nice.. but it seems you do not know how to handle things one at a time, without letting your "apathy" out.
It seems it has become your drive.. even though i never said anything wrong to you..seriously..

Well, let me tell u something..You make yourself look real bad. And believe me, i feel terrible that you do this to yourself.. But you are just too obsitnate to see it.

I doubt if you even realized what the post was about..

Allah yahdeena all insha'Allah

1:00 PM, June 22, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dalulla:I think you are a very sensitive woman with a giving nature. The story shows some of your kindness it is wonderful to see your human part .

Haal:You are a wacko, one line post to a woman and I'm a man who is already "obsessed" with you?! I imagine you run wild in the streets accusing men of sexually harassing you. Don't worry idiot you are a turn off for sure. You are a bad pop up on this blog.

Steve

5:53 AM, June 23, 2005  
Blogger Dalulla said...

Thank you Steve, I pray i am worthy of ths "giving nature" you felt I have. I do try my best, Allah knows. We should all try to do that and encourage one another for it.

Where haal is concerned.. I would appreciate if u would have not said things te way you did.

11:20 AM, June 23, 2005  
Blogger Dalulla said...

This is for anyone that comes to my blog..

PLEASE DO NOT USE HURTFUL LANGUAGE TOWARDS ANYONE.. NO MATTER WHAT. I DO NOT ACCEPT IT. OTHERWISE I WILL HAVE TO DELETE CERTAIN COMMENTS.

Just think of how you would feel if someone said the things you say as if it were said to you!

12:16 PM, June 23, 2005  
Blogger Mohamed said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:01 PM, June 25, 2005  
Blogger haal said...

thanks Mohamed. I think this anonymous rakbou jinny. koll mara take a different form and personality. Now a different gender. 3amelah nafsaha ragel. but the sure thing is that the jinny doesnt come out of her unless u hit him with ur comment. LOL!

11:52 PM, June 25, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:11 AM, June 26, 2005  
Blogger Dalulla said...

Very unacceptable attitude. But most of all for your own images!

U PEOPLE Degraded urself.
But it seems u all still havn't matured enough.. It is a pity.
I do not feel offended a bit by any of this, to your bad luck that is.

Haal, it is strange, now, you believe in Jin although you said you do not believe in SATAN, and he is Jin... Ghareeba di mosh keda?

And what is stranger is u r implying that "someone" is kol mara a different personality.. It seems you r quite "WELL" aware of "THESE METHODS" yourself. LOL!

Allah yahdeena all.

1:33 AM, June 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home