Monday, July 11, 2005

Kingdom of Heaven

I Found the movie Kingdom of Heaven quite nice, I can dare say a movie produced by a non Arab- non Moslem that finally says or shows "some" truth about a respected leader amongst the Moslems. I do beleive some of the scenes were not totally correct though. There was one scene where I found myself jumping out of my seat.
The part when the King was held captive with the Moslems with Renau (I know I did not spell that right, but never mind me.. I just need to get something through).
When Salah Al Din gave the cup to the king to drink from (I cannot remember the dialogue word for word) and Renau took the cup and drank, then Salah Al Din told him I didn't give you the cup.......and so forth, then all of a sudden Salah Al Din slashes his throught and then he was taken outside the tent and decapitated! THAT DID NOT HAPPEN.
Renau dared Salah Al Din to fight him with the sword and Salah Al Din won.. That was it. Moslem leaders of the old days, when the leaders still held tight to Islamic laws of battle and really feared God, and abided by the God given rules (unlike now a days ofcourse, since most leaders do not abide to the Sharee3a) did not kill their prisoners of war or harm them after being held as prisoners. It is forbidden in Islam as a direct command from Allah and His Prophet. Degrading prisoners was also forbidden. here I am referring to how the movie showed the way the king was dealt with as a prisoner of war.. If you have seen the movie you will understand what I am referring to.
Balion was just great. A truely respected figure just as the Arab told him he would be at the first quarter of the movie.
I also liked the part when he stresses that they were fighting just for protection and not for the concept of claiming Jerusalem to any one in particular.
The best part of all also was when King Richard of England wanted Balion to go out to war with him against the Moslems and he refused twice.
It is a movie worth watching.

9 Comments:

Blogger doshar said...

dalulla, sorry to say i only read the first two lines and skipped the rest because i want to see the movie and don't want it spoilt for me!

but i promise if i see it soon, i will re read the post ISA.

have a great time in Alex.

1:30 AM, July 12, 2005  
Blogger Dalulla said...

Thanks doshar.. don't wanna spoil it for you either.. maybe you can come over and watch it with me some time.. :-)
I would love your company!

1:55 AM, July 12, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"..then all of a sudden Salah Al Din slashes his throught and then he was taken outside the tent and decapitated! THAT DID NOT HAPPEN".
how can you know that did or did'nt happen ? do you know the true seen of what happened or you just comparing between this and what happened in "aal naaser salah el din " movie done by youssef shaheen ?

10:46 AM, July 12, 2005  
Blogger freeSoul said...

first let me answer, arabic history states what happens, it is not about the movie

secondly, many history writters all over the world honored salah el dien all the time as a man of pice and ethical laws

finally, to dallula, the movie was great, I loved it much enough to see it twice in the exams time :)

about renou (again the spelling is wrong :D) he deserved whatever happen to him, we can't forget that this man can't be supposed a prisoner of war, this is a captured murderer because he used to kill innocent muslims moving on the way between egypt and syria and el sham, he didn't deny ever being responsible for that and it is a historical fact that he was responsible of the blood of hundreds of innocents

11:05 PM, July 16, 2005  
Blogger # Juwaireyah # said...

Assalamu Alikum

Sorry for not being around much.
I haven't seen the movie, but my bro did, and after he told me about it I lost the interest to go watch it!

But I love the music by James Williams, that's sth I'm so into, and the duff player is a muslim from Kardistan, he's in Sami Yusuf's band and was there in the concert, he's extremely talented mashaAllah.

Dalulla, do u mind if I linked u?

9:24 AM, July 17, 2005  
Blogger Dalulla said...

Alsalamo alikom all! I miss frequent blogging so much since i am in the north coast and have to always go to an internet cafe which is not always so convenient.. Anyhow, I will be back to Cairo soon insha'Allah.

Rahmanium,
No, I am not comparing to the movie Salah Aldin (the arabic one).. Free Soul gave you the answer. But i would like to add that i am confident about Islamic figures and have no doubts to what they did from the history.

We were told of many negative aspects as much as we were told of the positive, that is where i get my confiedence.. We were told of the good moslems and the traitors (moslem ones that is).. Moslems who deserved respect were given credit and ones who didn't were also pointed out. So therefor, i guess Islamic historians weren't bias as u "SEEM" to be trying to point out. And i also agree with Free soul, many other non moslem historians gave Salah Al din and other Islamic Figures respect regardless of their religions.

Free soul,
Thank you, i appreciate your comment. :-) Is renou spelt "Renault"? like the car brand by any chance? I would like to know.. I appreciate constructive help from others, even in minor details.. Really i do! :-)

Juwaireyah,
If you want my advise, all due respect to your brother and all, but where certain things are concerned, people's tastes differ somehow.. I would encourage you to go see it if you still have the chance.. It is a movie worth watching from my point of view.. My husband found this site where we download movies. It is great but takes time (If u have dsl it'll be not so bad). If you would like to download it instead of going, tell me and i will as him what the site's name is. Even for any other movies you might want.
I do not mind at all if you link me.. As a matter of fact i would be honored! I am flattered wallahi.. I wish i knew how to link others too.. I have been away for quite some time and haven't been trying to explore the "how to do's" where the blog page is concerned
:-)
Maybe when i go back to Cairo, i will try to find out, or maybe you can be kind enought to help me :-)

3:27 AM, July 18, 2005  
Blogger doshar said...

dalulla we miss you

12:04 AM, July 23, 2005  
Blogger freeSoul said...

hi dallula, sorry for not being around here much, I was very busy with finalizing my graduation project and finding a job :(

ok, thanks god everything is alright now and I got a good job too :)

the name is Renault de Châtillon

like the car brand, as you said :)

4:35 AM, July 30, 2005  
Blogger Dalulla said...

Free Soul,
Welcome back. I am glad your finalized your grad. Project.. Also very happy you found a good Job. I pray rabena yethabetak fiha and it would be a good chance for you to prove yourself and grow in it too!

THank you for your reply about The correct spelling for Renault de Chatillon's name..

I appreciate it very much :-)

3:33 PM, July 30, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home