Monday, May 01, 2006

kid's issues!!!


Children sometimes come up with the funniest and cutest comments just when you are about to burst with anger they say something that just makes you stop and smile if not even laugh… I do not know if this will sound disgusting for you people out there, but I wanted to blog it anyway, please forgive me if it does disgust you in any way.

Here goes, an incident with Doudi my friend’s son.. He is three years and eight months. Doudi still sometimes forgets and pees in his pants and occasionally does more… This time it was the “more” that he did…

Heba the nanny: Doudi, you are a big boy now, you should not poop in your pants, right?

Doudi: Yes I am a big boy, but my poppo (butt) is still nouno (small) and Seif (his elder brother) hit my nouno poppo (butt) and so "it" (the small butt) pooped in my pants…

The kid is trying to get through that he has grown up but his butt hasn’t yet and there fore no one should hold him accountable for his butt’s actions! (His mom and I were laughing hysterically as she told me the story)

Now, my son’s turn, second day after Doudi’s incident. Omar is four months younger than Doudi..

My mom: Omar come on let’s go to the bathroom so you can pee… (Omar as usual resistant, and never asks to go so we have to initiate the steps towards the bathroom every now and then. He only asks occasionally and when he wants to poop).

Omar goes to the bathroom, pees and gets dressed… But guess what, he pees more in his pants a few minutes after mom had already taken him to pee!!

My mom: Omar why did you do that? Didn’t I just take you to pee?
Omar: yes nanna, asl howa kan keteer awy (yes granny, but there was still more).

Hmmm, it is a hassle. The kids keep doing this over and over again and ofcourse not to mention other things and new issues keep coming up..
I wish I can close my eyes and open them and the poopo and peeing messes are over and out! I wish they can just go to the bathroom alone. Insha’Allah I will have a new one to deal with, I hope I will not have both to deal with for a long time where this particular issue is concerned.
It is all part of the process of their growth, but again that is one part I do wish would pass quickly!

5 Comments:

Blogger Just Jane said...

Some children, especially boys, are very resistant to toilet training. I remember my younger brother was terrified of the toilet and refused to go near it for a long time, preferring to relieve himself outside. My parents were less than thrilled. My son was also stubborn and training him was the biggest challenge I've ever had with him. Good luck to you, Dalulla. I empathize with your plight.

10:28 PM, May 02, 2006  
Blogger Dalulla said...

Jane,
it is a challenge, but I cannot say but thank God since Omar does not pee in his pants too often... I guess it will all pass. May be i am just extra worried since insha'Allah i will have another to take care of too.

Musilm Mama,
Good to see you are around. Yes dear, Omar is the one wearing the cap and the sun glasses, Doudi the other. both kids are a mix, my son being half Egyptian half (Greek, Armenian, Lebanese, Italian) and Doudi, half Egyptian half Romanian.

11:04 AM, May 03, 2006  
Blogger Me said...

Hehehe ... they're so cute! MashAllah .. Rabena ye7fazhom...

9:08 PM, May 05, 2006  
Blogger doshar said...

ah that was funny!

ma3lesh ya dodo. one time my nephew and niece ( who are both toilet trained) went up to their older brother's bed, and on purpose took off their pants as if they are going to the toilet and peed in the bed. ON PURPOSE!!!

my nephew thought it would be funny. and my little niece thinks anything her older brother does is amazing... but their mother was gonna lose it. never saw her so angry with them i think.

funny how when it is your own kids you do not find it so disgusting.

10:07 AM, May 09, 2006  
Blogger Dalulla said...

Me, Ya rab, o2balek ya gameela...

Doshar,
Kids do the funniest and most unexpected things! funny, crazy, everything.. It is strange how a mother does not feel disgusted from her children, but it is the way God Created us and thanks to Him for that or all the kids would be suffering lack of cleanliness and attention... The mercy God placed in a mother's heart is marvelous... I personally do not get disgusted from kids in general so easy... I love kids so much... always have.

11:48 AM, May 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home