Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I am taking Baby Steps..

Well, today was one of those days, a new day but with a new step I am taking. I’ve always wanted to be a journalist… Long story, that was my major at the American University in Cairo. I never made it to my Bachelor’s degree.. and no not because I am stupid or anything.. I was forced to leave University because of some unfortunate family circumstances. I used to feel so sad every single time this subject came to my mind, because truly I was a victim of circumstance… Or maybe that is the only way I can phrase it. As time passed by however, that feeling began to cave in some how.

As I dwell more into religion, I learn what satisfaction means. Really it is not easy to get one self to feel “Satisfied” truly that is of the outcome of “x” result, but it is good to practice acceptance and moving on with your life knowing that God is kind and has better good in store one way or the other. If not during this life time then in the next insha’Allah (God willing).

Ok here’s the thing.. Back to the “always wanting to be a journalist”… My dentist had told me about blogging because I had told him about my passion for writing.. That was one thing I felt so thankful to him about. Introducing me to the blogosphere was a great thing for me. I know I am not such a great writer but I started doing what I like to do..

One day I was speaking about jobs from home and part time jobs, that these types of jobs are not widespread in Egypt and that I wished I could find something interesting to do from home. I want to eventually work again. I want to feel I am contributing in the finances of the house and kids with my husband. I feel he is overloaded. Thank God we are living just fine, but are totally unable to save anything. Life in Egypt is becoming very difficult. Anyway, Doshar, a very good friend of mine and a fellow blogger on hold for God knows how long, mentioned that her sister in law does work from home. Editing in a magazine or two and also writes articles. I was like WHAT?? Really? I immediately asked Doshar to give me her sister in law’s number so I can ask her if I can try to also write articles from home.

To cut the long story short (again), I managed to get an approval and I just sent my first article for approval and review today!!!

I want anyone who reads this to pray for me that this be my first step towards becoming a good writer. That is all!

Thanks!

3 Comments:

Blogger Caminhos Que Me Levam said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:41 AM, April 24, 2008  
Blogger Living Away said...

oh my god, it isn't a small step for sure! it's a huge step!
i'm so happy for you my dear friend!
wow, what an achievement!
you must be very proud of yourself!
congratulation! is the article in english? if so, can i read it?

"I learn what satisfaction means." this is a great line and a very difficult one as well! one day i will know its meaning for sure! not that i'm not a satisfied person, but i really don't know how to put myself as priority and i thing that it leads to satisfaction!

9:43 AM, April 24, 2008  
Blogger Dalulla said...

My dear Leandra,
My goodness, you always have something nice to say! Thank you for your encouragement and the kind feelings.. I 'm not sure what i feel, but i never had this "pride" thing in me for some reason. I never feel i do enough, but i like to keep trying.. I am happy though, that i got this chance. Yes the article is in English, but this one is really based more on research. The magazine is all about issues related to parental matters, children, fathers stuff like that. My first assignement was some info about morning sickness for pregnant women and its possible causes, then tips to "help" vercome them. It will still be published in June, not now, Maybe when and if it is published with the upcoming volume of the magazine i can send it to you... Thanks again my darling and wish me luck to find other opportunities to write about more social issues as well....

I just want to ask you what did you mean by putting yourself as a priority? and in what way will that give you satisfaction? :-)

THanks again leandra

2:14 PM, April 29, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home