Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Giving hope, giving a chance


Doing good lasts as we live and after we die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Posted by Hello

I just finished watching an Arabic movie titled Tito. It was so strange because I had posted something earlier that was quite similar to the story in the movie. After what I have to say you shall find it posted again. However, the way I portrayed the story was more optimistic, which is what I tend to like more. Optimism, hope and persistence for a better day and tomorrow!

The movie does sadly portray a reality in many communities, the kids on the streets who have no guidance whatsoever. Some might have parents who aren't really parents. Some might be totally without parents.

What makes a person a criminal? No one is born with a criminal record. When I was back in University, for an entire semester this was the main topic of the English 113 class I was attending.
Parental guidance is very important. In some cases the parents are corrupt but the children turn out good, and vise versa. Religion pops in again. To me religion means every thing. If the love of God is properly embedded within a heart, it does so much good. It is like a charm. It guides one to fight with the evil Satan tries to pull us too, and also the weakness of the soul (al nafs al 2amara bel sou2).

Tito never had guidance. But somehow, there was good in him. It is the nature of the human heart.. Good is there, it is born with a child, and so is bad, but for some reason, I feel the good within all the human race is stronger than the evil.

Again, I want to remind myself and anyone reading this to remember to be nice to those unfortunate kids and grown ups on the streets. A Good word will not harm. It may take a few minutes from our time, but it may change an entire life of one of those people, if we lay the words in a caring and persistent encouraging tone. Don't worry; it will never be a waste of time even if you feel that the listener will not be affected, because in our scale of deeds, it shall weigh for us. Just remember the neya. Summon your good will and intention you are doing good because you want to help and because you are sure down deep within Allah will be pleased with the least you shall attempt to offer.

I don’t know why, but I had this strange feeling I would have married Tito if I were put in Hanan's (can’t remember her name in the movie right now J) situation. I think I would have been scared but I think I might have agreed. Allah forgives all sins apart from Shirk. The man wanted to be a better person. I would have married him but told him that he must not put up a fight if the police were to arrest him, that he would give in to them and ask for repentance from God, and that I would marry him knowing he might be put to death just to prove that If God can accept repentance from His creation, people also must have the courage to allow and help wrong doers to have a chance to be better people, even if it were for a day. I feel that this might have encouraged lots of criminals to re-think and try to change their lives.

I know that in our societies after someone has spent time in Jail, they become outcasts in society. Some try to take a different path in life, but society just doesn't allow them giving them no choice but to get week again and go back to what they were doing or even become worse!
Why is it like that in our society?

Those people must be given a chance to change.. Those children on the streets must hear more positive words of encouragement and receive help if possible. Prophet Muhammed (Allahoma Saly 3aleih) told us al kalmia Al tayeba sadaka (A kind word is Charity).


No more

As I walked to my car late at night
I saw a shadow of a child

He knelt on a wall on the cold side walk
Trying to sleep where it was not so dark

I said: Hey, little child
He looked at me and sadly, slightly smiled

I asked: are you out here alone
All on your own

With a melancholic look he answered yes
And continued: but why do you ask, you couldn't care less!

At that moment I did not conceive his answer as hostile
I felt his feelings were fragile

He was about to leave so I shouted: No! Wait! I care!
He said I don't think anyone really cares

I asked: why?
He seemed some how shy

For a minute he remained silent
He seemed reluctant

He looked surprised that I showed interest
But at this point I think he thought I was unlike the rest

People see him every day
But no one sensed his dismay

I insisted again and asked: tell me your story
I will listen to you, do not worry

In sorrow he said: I opened my eyes to this world and found myself on the streets
Nothing to do but run around in search of food or some sort of treat

Form just any one who might believe my need
And give me something to drink or eat

I never bathed except under the cold rain
And had nothing but endless pain

I always wondered what it would be like
To have someone to take care of me and be kind

Like that child, look! Over there
With his mother and father to care


He stopped talking, took a long breath and sighed
He tried to hold his tears, but then he cried

I could not bear the sight
I held him in my arms so tight

He wept and wept
Till he slept

I found my self carrying his frail body
I tried to stay steady

My tears came down quietly
I cried silently

To myself I thought: Why leave such innocence alone
And simply be gone!

I could not find an answer for I always found reasons
Oh no, but not his time! I could no bear any answers

Children are a blessing
This poor one was collapsing

I took the frail one to my home
I couldn't leave him all alone

I am old and alone
He is too young and on his own

I was lucky and had a good life
Why leave this one in strife

Maybe it was destiny
For me to be his good company

I will bathe him and nourish him
Dress him and comb him

I want to give him a proper life
And make an effort to end his unbearable strife

He suddenly woke up from his sleep
To find me sleeping by him cheek to cheek

With my big arms lovingly wrapped around him
He could barely lift them

I woke up and told him hush my child hush
Sleep and don't think too much or rush

You are safe, here with me
Try to sleep in serenity

Taste what it would be like
To have a father for at least this night

He was too tired and confused, but smiled and came to me
He slept as if he hadn't before in his life, he slept quietly

As the morning came and the sun shined
I woke up, but didn't find him by my side

I jumped in fear
But found him near

He had been standing by the bedside
Waiting for me to lift an eyelid

He said good morning kind sir
Tell me why did you bring me here?

I smiled and said
Are you afraid?

He said no, you seem very kind
But I want to understand

I told him it is simple
You are too little

To be all alone out there
I want to watch for you as you grow and to care

Yesterday you said that I wouldn't care less
But to me you were a great bliss

I also was alone
Out there on my own

And someone came to me and asked
Why was I all alone?

We were both lucky and blessed
For destiny to give us a rest

Now you and I are together
Hopefully forever

No more shall you be hungry or cold
Or feel emptiness or hear a scold

From someone who might be heartless or cruel
Or someone who might be rude

Only now we need to try to find
More of our kind

This house is big and spacious
We can use it to make others gracious!


Hand in hand you and i
We can at least give it a try

I have faith in you although you are still so young
But someday you will grow up and be so fine

I know you will grow to have lots of compassion
I know you will be able to put so much addition

Into this effort of helping the homeless and needy
Those who have trouble fitting into society

3 Comments:

Blogger roora said...

hi dallula, this is a very nice post f3lan.

yeah a good word may change alot , it is our role to give a hand for those kids, in a nice way , answer them politely at least , and not with arrogance sop that they wont feel by any more hatred towards the society.

i wish if there is some sort to help them out and to rehabilate them.

your comment about society reminds me by the movie " ga3loony mograman", starting by farid shawky , when he went out of the kids jail , no body wanted to take him in a job , although he wanted to repent, we should gove them a hand.

but honestly if was in place of the business owner, i would of been scared to make them work with me, just in case , maybe they rethink .

maybe the solution is that they go fo their own work by their own , and not to tell anyone about being crimiinals before, Rabena Amar belsatr.

4:11 PM, July 28, 2005  
Blogger Dalulla said...

but honestly if was in place of the business owner, i would of been scared to make them work with me, just in case , maybe they rethink .

Ya roora,
that fear is the point. We should rid ourselves of tha fear and nah7tasib our good initiation fi khaza2en al ra7man (in the bolts of GOD that is). We must get over this fear and that will be the only way we will truely be giving them a chance for a better life. once we let this fear conquear us, we will never be able to give them a chance. If God almighty forgives all sins except for Shirk, then we must have trust in him and immitate him and He has the power to help those who want to be good and we will be a reason, and i am sure He will never put us down. BELIEVE in Him more than anything and ask him for protection and let go of this anchoring fear!

I have had a previouse experience, but i would like to post it. so keep tuend ..lol

Trust me, do good and invest it with He who never makes you loose. With the kind and merciful Allah that is ofcourse! Even if you loose, He will reward you in His own good time, but at least you would have done what will please Him with you so therefore, there will be nothing to really loose, will there?

5:13 AM, July 29, 2005  
Blogger Dalulla said...

oops sorry, tuned not tuend!

5:14 AM, July 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home