Sunday, July 31, 2005

Omar and the birthday cake!


Tonight something happened that made a whole lot of people laugh… My son comes up with some behaviors that are just unexpected and are so funny, as many children his age. My mom had a gathering for dinner for my mother in law today. She had requested mom for a certain Egyptian meal called Fatta… I personally am not into it so much, but I enjoyed the gathering anyway.

My cousin was not in Cairo for her birthday which was on the 9th of July, and we usually get gathered to say a family and close friend happy birthday to who ever. Any way, mom suggested that we get gathered for dinner and get a cake and blow candles for my dear sweet cousin.

Since we got gathered around the dining table to eat dinner, my son was going to my mom and telling her "to you", his way of saying lets blow candles, since he was with us while getting the cake and candles so he was aware there will be candle blowing this evening… Any way, he went and got busy with something then came back again and saw that we were done eating and realized the table was all clear and clean… So with questioning eyes he looked at mom and then said "to you?" she replied yes Omar, now we can have the "to you", but who’s the to you going to be for tonight? He went and fetched my cousin and said "din" (her name is Nadin). He is now in the cutest phase of pronouncing words and names..

We got the birthday cake, and he was insisting on putting the candles in it, which of course was kind of messy, but went well without too much damage! I thought oh well, that went with no serious damage. The unexpected was yet to come.

We turned off the lights and Nadine came close to him in front of the cake, but he was impatient, blowing off the candles as every one was attempting to light them… That phase was over with, and we managed to tell him to be patient till we light them. Then we started singing, he usually makes a strange impression with his lips and face when he is shy, which made us all laugh in the course of singing. Then came the blowing out of the candles, which of course he was part of. We opened the lights and to our surprise, Omar's face was on the cake and he was actually taking bites out of the whole thing from the edges! We all could not help but laugh our heads off! He actually took bites all the way round and none of us could tell him to stop! It was just too cute and funny. His mouth and nose were all messed up with chocolate from the cake and he was actually on top of the dining table. We tried to tell him that it was enough but it seems he was enjoying it too much and of course my mom was telling us all to let him do what he wants (which is something I do not always like because I believe in discipline, but I felt it was alright to let it go this time). It was kind of embarrassing but cute and funny, actually I was too busy laughing my head off to be in any position to give discipline at that point! I guess sometimes we can let them get away with things as long as they are not harming themselves or being a menace to others.

I wish I could have published some pictures of him in the process, but unfortunately I didn't have the digital cam, only my mobile cam, and I am totally unable to connect my mobile to the computer since the blue tooth's software will not work for some reason.

Children are so cute!

I would just like to add, as mentioned in the Quraan, they are the Zeena (decoration) of life. They really are!

11 Comments:

Blogger doshar said...

mmmm... cake. i had some cake myself tonight. would not mind choclate cake though.

yeah kids love birthdays and blowing out the candles part. and it is worth it all the cooking in the kitchen (if not ready made of course) and the trouble taken for birthdays. they really look forward to it. and Kids are really a blessing. God protect Omar ISA

2:08 AM, July 31, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

not bad at all, i think u should be a writer...not sure about "dalulla" tho... :P

2:41 AM, July 31, 2005  
Blogger Dalulla said...

Thanks ya doshar... The cake was ready made... lol, even if home made, i guess it would still have been cute and funny...LOL big time..

Motaz beik.. ahlan ahlan menawar. Thanks for your comment.. I always wanted to be a writer.. I guess i am fulfilling it somehow here on my blog.

What about the dalulla?

2:56 AM, July 31, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it was really hilarious today fe3lan....but you should have attached the pictures too....try to do so later inshallah....
ur my dear cousin too....thanks for the words bas mesh 3arfa 2a2olek eh ya3ni....mesh 3eeb akoon dear we tekooni lessa betektebi NadinEEE le7ad now!!!!...i just had the urge to comment 3ashan keda...bas khalas keda ESTARAYA7TTTTT....lool

3:04 AM, July 31, 2005  
Blogger Dalulla said...

tab mahsy..sorry ya Nadin hanem, but you should have typed it in capital too, LOL..

And you are my dear Nadin.. Happy now :-)

I am glad you got relieved! and I am glad to finaly see a comment from you on my blog!

3:10 AM, July 31, 2005  
Blogger Dalulla said...

ya shop girl,
where have you been, I miss reading your posts and comments.. Don't dissappear keda ya bent.

Omar ...Wallahi he is naughty but i am told in comparison to other boys he is moderate, which is something i thank god for, but he still drives me up the wall! I have hope he will be a good boy though isa. I want to be his friend not mother only.. SO I guess Insha'Allah God will help as He always does.

Fatta .... I am alright with it, mom kaman bete3melha 7elw awy. But unlike my mother in law, i would not request it especially.

Khalas ya H, enty ouly bas emta wana a2oul le mom te3melek fatta! Or I will try to learn how it is done wa3melhalek makhsous ya seti. It would be a pleasure.

Sub7an Allah, as iam writing to you, i feel i know u in person.. I like u alot ya bent.. Don't dissappear keda and start posting again soon please. :-)

12:47 PM, July 31, 2005  
Blogger Dalulla said...

They do marvel us don't they? I thought many times about this genetic aspect.. I really do not know, can't make up an opinion.

I think it is all a matter of habits, and then the personal character shapes itself according to the upbringing and there is a base of nature of the character (parents just build and mold it).

But i do not think it is genetic though, because some people are so different from their parents.

9:51 AM, August 01, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nah, i'm just kidding...dalulla is nice as your posts and again, u really should think seriously of being a writer..

4:37 AM, August 02, 2005  
Blogger Dalulla said...

ahlan ya Motaz,

Thank you for being so nice.. I would love to be a writer, tell me where i can and i will ..seriously..
But thing is, I don't think I am professional enough to be a real writer.

12:36 PM, August 03, 2005  
Blogger Twosret said...

Now that is a cute little boy Dalulla (besm El salib as we say) MashAllah as you say.

Rabana Yekhali

8:08 PM, August 12, 2005  
Blogger Aisha said...

Mash'allah what beautiful eyes! adorable child:)

7:01 AM, September 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home