Thursday, August 04, 2005

A King Worthy of Respect


I was born in London, lived there for about a year and half, came back to Egypt, lived here till I was about three and a half, then moved with my parents to Saudi Arabia for almost 14 years.

I turned the television on, searching for mbc3 for Omar to watch Cartoons. All I could see was Al Arabeya and something like news of some sort. I was not concentrating much. But no cartoons, I tried mbc2, same as mbc3, tried One TV, same, then I realized a cliche saying that King Fahd had passed away. I found my heart aching and tears came instantly to my eyes. I was in a strange state of feelings. I almost cried like a baby, but held my tears and stood in front of the television as if it were one of my family members that had died.

I never realized I had this in me for the man. I felt a great loss. I felt the Islamic Umma truly lost. I felt I personally lost a dear someone. I was still in shock, it was not the issue of his death, but more about how I reacted to his death.. I kept saying Enna lillah wa ina ilayhi raje3oun, but I felt a bit weak, physically that is, I could not stay standing from the news I had received first thing in the morning. I sat down and watched, when his picture was shown, my tears came down again, and my body shivered in a strange way.

I wanted to write this the day I saw the news, which was the second day after he died (Allahoma Ighfir Laho war7amh), but I just couldn't. No words I can say will suffice for what I believe this king deserves of credit.

I have been having flash backs on and since that day. I went to Riyadh when it was still not such a big town. This city and others in the kingdom grew with me.

As my parents cared and nourished me, King Fahd was also caring for his country and nourishing it, only he was (masha'Allah) going at a much faster rate than my parents were. The kingdom truly grew so fast into one of the most beautiful and organized countries in the world. From desert to green, from void to sky scrapers, and extremely clean, and best of all, on basis of the Islamic Sharee3a.

This man has offered so much to his people, ex-patriots, and in turn to his country. Only he didn't stop at that, his generosity spread to so many different places and peoples.

I can never say enough about this man. I still am surprised at how I felt and still feel about him, I never knew I had all of this in me. I guess it is the good he planted in his country, I received it too. It got embedded within me without me really realizing it.

He was a respectable Moslem King. He was truly Khadem Al 7aramein, thereby khadem to all Moslems for the sake of Allah. That alone is worth so much more than any words may express in terms of credit or acknowledgment.

To me, King Fahd is a unique leader amongst the Arabs and Moslems, and also amongst all other leaders of this whole world. I myself feel grateful to him, since I lived in His country almost half of my life. That initial half built so much in me, taught me so much, although when we are young we do not appreciate things the way we do when we grow up and mature.

I wish I had the chance to write this while he was living, not that he was going to read it, but it is just a feeling I got. But Allah is watching, hearing and He is all knowing. I am sure this will reach to him somehow.

Allahoma Ighfir Le mawta Al Moslemeen, waghfir lel nas ajma3een, wahdy bano Adam Al Sirat Al Mustakeem... Ameen, Ameen, Ameen. (May God Forgive the dead of the Moslems, and forgive all people, and guide all Adam's descendants the straight path, Amen, Amen, Amen)

9 Comments:

Blogger luckyfatima said...

salaam dahlia

izzayik? unfortunately I did not check my blog before i left egypt so unfortunately i didn't know you had tried to contact me. i feel really sad about that for i would have loved to meet you. inshallah please stay in touch...allahyisalimik

fatima

luckyfatima@hotmail.com

3:59 PM, August 05, 2005  
Blogger haal said...

There is no king but Allah al-Malik, Dalulla!

5:11 PM, August 05, 2005  
Blogger Dalulla said...

Lucky Fatima,
Wallahi it was my bad luck. I would have loved to have met you, but if God wills, maybe we will some day!

I will definitely stay in touch insha'Allah. You cannot imagine how happy i was to find your name on my comments..

6:24 PM, August 05, 2005  
Blogger Dalulla said...

Of course haal I definetly agree, but these are only mosamayat not related to a certain attitude. His people do not bow for him, nor does anyone else.

We only bow to one Malik and that is Allah Sub7anaho wa ta3ala, al-Lathy la illaha illa howa al wa7edu al A7ad.


But what has your comment got to do with the content of the post itself? Don't you think you are off topic, which is something i understand you do not appreciate much, so how come you are doing it now?

I am not attempting to be offensive :-) just wondering.

6:37 PM, August 05, 2005  
Blogger haal said...

Well, from my perspective it is not off topic. If it is offtopic, then you should either ignore or delete. And the resason from my pov is it because he is a King as a musamayat as u said, that is why you went on and on praising him. If he himself didnt call himself King, but the 'servant of the harameen'.... Speaking of musamayat and ur usual way of over simplifying things, the Coran does warn from musamayat.... idol worshippers were naming angels sub gods...etc... so we watch out from this musamayat.

8:25 AM, August 06, 2005  
Blogger Dalulla said...

I cannot ignore anything in life, let alone someone's time taken to write something, whether it appeals to me or not.

But, sorry to say haal, your prespective was wrong this time, because what you wrote has nothing to do with the content of the post.

3:49 AM, August 07, 2005  
Blogger roora said...

yes Allah yerhamoh , but i wana say that he is now dead, and he needs prayers that is what you can do. there is a very good prayer that Abu Bakr used to say and i always say " Allom Eg3alny Afdal mema yathenon we Aghfer le ma la ya3lamoon", you can pray to him by that prayer that he would be better than we think. because it is not important of how we view him , what is important how he is 3nd our God.

i always feel that when i see them making so many festivals for some one died, i feel like telling them , he doesnt feel that , he will only feel by some prayes to him , he left the world.

i felt like that when pricess Diana passed, and the millions of flowers that were spent , does she feel by any mportance to that now? Allah A3lam , but i guess no .

i felt like that when one of the great celebrities dies, tell you what like Saleh Selim , the tV didnt stop and the radios and the newspapers, but does he feel by that , i guess he needs better a prayer now.

my mom used to teach in jeddah m she and dad, and she used to like king Fahd, Allah yer7amoh.

BTW, haal , we all know what stands for king , we are not giving him glory , there are milions of kings , it is like a president of the country .

Dallula, the reason that you are cried because you are very passionate and sensitive woman.

2:15 PM, August 11, 2005  
Blogger Dalulla said...

alsalamo alikom ya roora,
I really do agree with you about the prayer bit. But also al seera al tayeba is accepted by good and helps the dead.. Ithkoro ma7asana mawtakom.. their good deeds and in our prayers ask god to forgive them for what ever weaknesses they might have fallen in. In my humble thoughts, I felt i wanted to write this applying the Ithkouro mahasena mawtakom bit.

I just felt i wanted to do this on cyber space, in an attempt of showing gratitude and appreciation especially after his death. We all want to leave a good seerah and 3amal tayeb in this world. Those who are loved by others are said to be loved by God (mentioned in a hadeeth Qudsi). Man a7abaho Allah, 7abab khalkaho fih...

I also wrote the duaa at the end to encourage whoever reads the post to say the duaa as well. May we all have someone to pray for us after we die.. We all need prayers as we live and after we die as well.
I enjoy being passionate and sensitive as u said. sometimes it hurts, but i would not change that at all. I am also happy u sensed that. I love warmth and compassion and pray they spread amongst us all inshaÁllah.
I hope ur teeth are better ya roora ya gameela!

2:43 AM, August 12, 2005  
Blogger Twosret said...

Dalulla,

I'm sorry I have to disagree with you on this one. I have seen pictures and videos of the late king acting very unislamic.

I think he was a wise man politically but his wealth and behavior is another thing.

8:44 PM, August 12, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home