Friday, September 09, 2005

Young ones... They grow so fast!

Years pass by so quickly, one day you are saying cot chi co, to someone, the next you can barely reach their shoulders.. oh well I guess what makes it more difficult is that iI am short too (lol). Eight years difference between my twin cousins and I.

The years pass by so quickly. Our young ones are on their way to having their own young ones too! It is nice how this statement repeats itself over and over.

I remember once Hisham my cousin had a problem in school (he was in high school I think at the time). His mother could not go, so I went instead. Just for you to kind of try to imagine, I am quite short (ehm ehm 150cms-short-) and petit and Hisham is about 180cms and quite well built (masha'Allah).

What was very funny was the teacher that came in to speak to me had not met my aunt before. She walked in with a big welcoming statement and smile, addressing me as his mother! I could not help it, Hisham and I looked at one another in amazement and laughed. I told her I'm sorry I am his cousin not his mom. I am not even married yet! I still remember this incident and laugh.

It is so strange how twins can be so different. Hisham has a twin, Mohammed, but not identical. I used to think they would still have extreme similarities. But they are two totally different characters. One very outgoing, always on the streets somewhere or at the club or something, and is still in his last year at University. The other graduated with an over all GPA equivalent to a b+.

One so dedicated to love, the other to extra curricular studies and was always working in summers having nothing direct to do with female relationships except on a "by the way" basis sort of thing. One so into computers, does serious stuff, the other plays games. One drives his mom up the wall every now and then (but is still so gentle and loving with her) and the other calms her down. In other words one down to earth and has a great sense of responsibility and the other very carefree.

What is really common is they are equally lovable, sweet, giving, kind, reliable, and last but not least cute in a different way and loved by every one around them!

The 10 minute or so younger twin's engagement was yesterday! He was so happy and glowing with energy. He had been in love with his fiancé ever since they went to high school. Now they are engaged. I am really happy for them.

I wanted to post this in his honor. Just to say please pray for him to be happy with his choice and to be successful in all aspects of his life. This post is dedicated to Hisham, my extremely love driven cousin!
Another prayer please, pray for me to live to see my own son a happy groom next to a lovely birde.

4 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

Mabroooooooooook !!! We 3o2baal Omar isA ;-)

2:17 PM, September 10, 2005  
Blogger Id it is said...

Congratulations to Hisham and kudos to you for sharing in his happiness to such an extent. Wish there were more like you.

10:36 PM, September 11, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well...
Hopefully da engagement did really mean happy'.
Good thing u was glad 4 em, not mad or sum ;-) PEACE & HOLLABACK

1:01 AM, September 12, 2005  
Blogger Dalulla said...

Me,
Allah yebarek fiki ya D. I pray you get a guy who truly deserves u and makes u happy isa!

Irina,
I do pray he does indeed. It is up to them to make it worthwhile, with understanding, respect, and lots of passion and emotions.
These are the back bones of love i believe.
Falling out of love does happen Irina. Sadly it does. And sometimes it does not mean that either of the couple is bad, but lack of communication sometimes leads to a gap that grows with the lack of proper communiction, unederstanding, and compassion. I pray no one experiences that though.

Id it is,
Thanks a million. What does Kudos mean by the way, please do excuse my ignorance! But what i understood is something like Mubarak (blessed be). In all cases i know it means something of the sort and yes, I feel so happy when i see just anyone happy from the heart. Here in Egypt some of the not so well off families like going on one of our bridges that overlook the Nile and take pitcures there. I got into a habbit of praying for them to be happy and to always love one another till they grow old with one another and still have expressed love amongst one another.
About wishing there were more of me, well i really don't know what to say, Thank you is not enough, i just hope i am really the person you imagine i am. I do love love. I wish the whole world is showered with it endlessly.

I'm sure there are many and even better than me! You are probably the same, just for leaving such a comment and sensing the happiness i had during the engagement!

quz boss,
God willing yes, you should have seen Hisham's and Nivine's faces! I really pray they are always this happy.
Why would i be mad? It is a happy occasion and He is like my little brother.

2:33 AM, September 12, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home