Thursday, December 29, 2005

Meeting Wonderer in flesh and blood!!!

Speaking of making friends through blogs, I can dare say it has really turned out to be a great thing. Not that I did not feel so before, but now things are getting developing nicely. Moving from the blogo-sphere world to the real world!

Doshar and I whom happen to be friends in the real life met with wonderer! It was just beautiful.

It all started with the blogging, then e-mails, then long distance calls, then local calls, then we finally had the pleasure to meet with Wonderer.

Such a lovely person, really. Who ever said that friendships cannot happen through the net? But I do admit, it may not always turn out like this.

I guess it is something with all our hearts… God knows us best, and God has guided each one of us to the other somehow, and God is protecting us from people who are not really good…

I always like to take steps forward and I do not like hindrances in building a human relationship, making a friend that is. I do rely on God's protection and my clear intentions and thank God, I have not regretted anything so far. The negatives, I learned from, and the positives have had a great impact on my life! Those who I may say were negative relationships were the people not worth knowing and therefore I had nothing to loose. But those that were and still are positive and living, walking, talking proof there are great hearts and souls out there. People who make a good impact on my life, who make me cheer up when I feel down. People who really warm my heart up and help me to keep going! (I love u all)

Thank you God, now and always!

It was my honor that the meeting went on in my humble home. See, Omar, my son, is very sick, has been for the past month!!! YES a whole month! Al hamd Lillah for every thing anyway. I was hoping we would go out and all but it was in my opinion much more comfortable at home. I felt more at ease, and she got to also see me without the Hijab (veil), so she saw all of me! hehe.

She told me I looked so different from my photo. I guess because I was wearing the veil. It does make a difference.

I would also like to mention that wonderer did not come in empty handed! She got us all gifts!!! I was shocked, really she was too sweet. It is not the materialistic aspect which mattered, rather the meaning of the thought and the effort she made to get them.

And guess what? She even got us some sandwiches; foul and ta3meya from el 3omda for a brunch!!! That was really so cute, all of it was. We spent some good time, non of us felt that we are strangers. It is so strange that we all felt that we knew each other. What is best of all we are all simple and easy going creatures, maybe that was what even made the gathering real warm and nice.

We also gave sweet "me" a call, we all wished she could have come down from Alex. But insha'Allah maybe she can manage to sort out something in the near future!

Also looking forward to meeting Chari! She will also be coming to Cairo soon insha'Allah.

Wonderer, I want to thank you for trusting Doshar and I and coming over to my home for our first gathering, I know not many people would do that, and I do not advise many people to do it.

But all I can say is Sub7ana - glory be to Allah for gathering us all like this and for letting the trust and love to grow between us the way it has.

I do pray and wish some day all of us bloggers get to meet and get more acquainted…

To be able to make a friend is not easy and is a blessing. I pray we all be sincere, loving, and caring friends now and always, and I do sincerely pray that we all meet some day and to be able to maintain our friendship as long as we all live!
I am really grateful to have u all in my life!





3 Comments:

Blogger Just Jane said...

I am envious that you have been able to meet with online blog friends. Every one I'd like to meet lives a great distance away and a face to face meeting would be quite difficult. I am happy that your meeting went so well and that you are making good friends. Sorry to hear that Omar is ill...I hope his health returns soon. My son was also very sick recently and I can honestly say there is nothing in the world that I hate more than when one of my children is ill. Best wishes to you.

2:40 PM, December 29, 2005  
Blogger Nightlegend said...

A really great article about friendship ,and gld you enjoyed your meeting together ,maybe one day we can arrange a gathering for all the bloggers ,and 2alf salama for your son.

All the best.

9:15 PM, December 29, 2005  
Blogger Dalulla said...

Jane,
i wish some day we can all meet, i have no clue how but i do hope so... I would love to meet u Jane!

I am just like u where kid's illness is concerned.. my heart practically breaks and my mood gets reaaaaal lousy.. but what can we do? It is part of life, but now the viral infections are odd! The kids keep getting sick all the time!

Thank u for ur lovely wishes.

nightlegend,
all from the heart wallahi... I love making friends. we should try to do that.. I would just love it!
thanks for ur wishes for Omar.. I do pray he gets well soon

1:59 AM, December 30, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home