Friday, December 30, 2005

Omar and the Cold, Sam and the Stroke.

Cold, everyone has a cold! AL hamd lillah!

My son has been sick for the past month! He was getting better than caught a virus from his mates in the nursery. Poor little thing, he not only has influenza, but an ear infection because of the cold! I never saw Omar as sick as this time, it breaks my heart. One night he woke up crying and screaming from his ears!

I was devastated and it was past 4 midnight. But thank God, It passed. I took him to the doc and he is slowly getting better.

It scared me to know that viral infections keep getting worse and worse by the day! It really does.

Omar has not been going since last Wednesday. Had a terrible cough, runny nose, the ear pain, dizziness because of it and fever every now and then reaching to 38.5 degrees Celsius!

Omar's birthday is on the first of January, Sunday. But we are arranging for the celebration to be on Thursday for our family to be able to attend since Sunday is a working day and so is the remainder of the week. Fridays are usually off.

I do pray he gets better, please pray for him.

I am also in a terribly lousy mood because I am totally unable to visit dad. I am also sick too by the way. I am too scared to get him sick. He has enough to deal with as it is.

I am thankful to God at how he has become. But I do pray He recovers despite what his doctor told me about him not recovering completely. God is kind. What ever He destines for dad, I thank Him for it. I just pray God does grant Sam and us the strength to deal with whatever situation he settles at.

My step mother is worried to an extent. Dad of course has not been back to work ever since the stroke. We are a middle/high class Egyptian family. Dad has commitments. I wish there were something I can do. I am afraid to even ask how they have been doing lately. Too embarrassed and scared to ask. Moreover, if I ask, my step mother speaks in front of him. And I do know for fact that might make him feel down.

Some times I ask myself how she fails to realize that some things should not be discussed in front of him. It is odd. Maybe I am trying to ignore it, but it is bothering me and worrying me to a great extent!

I've been trying to not write about this for some time, but I do need your kind prayers. I was too shy to ask this past period. I asked all of u many times for some time.

I really need u guys to pray for Sam, for Omar, and for me. For every one in need of a prayer of good wishes for health.

My hubby went fishing with his mom and a friend of his. I never get time to vent off. I am truly exhausted and doing my best to stay standing on my feet. I still feel so devastated each time I speak to Sam on the phone.

I am not ungrateful for God's will, but I am human. I happen to love Sam so much it just breaks my heart. I am aware we are in a much better state than many other people, but …..

Prayers Prayers Prayers P L E A S E!

Please pray God gives me the strength.

Thanks u all!

3 Comments:

Blogger doshar said...

hey D, omar is sick again :(

feel so bad that i have not been in touch lately then i read this and get to know your news from the net! i am a lousy friend indeed.

rabbena a3aky dayman ya bent, ISA by his birthday, everyone will be fine. smile a little

11:38 AM, December 31, 2005  
Blogger Dalulla said...

Doshar sweetie,
not again but still! Don't feel bad, i understand how busy life gets, just pray for him and me.

I do pray by his b-day party 5th of Jan that is, he would be better isa.

U better be there (isa)!

3:43 AM, January 01, 2006  
Blogger Just Jane said...

There is nothing worse for a mother than when one of her children is sick. I hope his health is improving--I know how you feel. Omar will be better soon. As for your father, God willing, he will continue to improve. It will all happen in time. My thoughts and prayers are with your son, your father, and you. Try to take care of yourself.

4:28 AM, January 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home