Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Charismatic Soul and Wonderer... A day to remember!

Just before I begin, there were always rhymes that we used to write to one another as friends on cards or small papers that we all kept (at least for some time) and were really fond of. That was back at school when we were kids, but for some reason, I want to quote one here:

There are small ships
and
There are big ships
But the greatest ships of all
Are Friend-Ships!

Ok, here goes, Doshar and I met with Charismatic Soul and Wonderer. I have written earlier about meeting with wonderer, it was a pleasure and it was fun too!

Chari is so easy going, has a lovely smile, and I guess we all felt easy, so easy I can dare say, at least I did! I hope they enjoyed it too!

Only this time, we met outdoors at a coffee shop called Coffee Roastry. It was like a second home to me before I got married. I was always there almost on a daily basis for five or more consecutive years! That place added one great memory to the old memories.

This one is "A Memory" that is different and unique. Meeting such lovely people is very nice. Now in this time we are living in, despite all what is being said about few good people, it is good bumping into nice people.

One day before the meeting, I get a call from Wonderer, she says something like a brief hello, then immediately she says tomorrow at eleven (a.m. of course). I did not have a chance to say anything; she says that is not negotiable tomorrow at eleven we meet at Coffee Roastry, Me (wonderer), Chari, Doshar and yourself! I told her I would do my best to be there on time, all depends on Omar and how the day goes, but God willing I will make it. She emphasized on not being late, and I said will do my best.

Funny thing is, first one there was Doshar and I followed shortly. Omar was crying and did not want to be left at the nursery (the every day heart breaking routine!).

I was there at fifteen past eleven. Wonderer and Chari came a short while later, and I was making fun of Wonderer because I am the one that is always late for things and she was emphasizing the day before that I must be there on time.

It was really nice, all of it. We sat comfortably, chatted and ate all together. I was picking stuff from Doshar and Wonderer's plates because I ordered pan cakes which were not nice. Not as I expected them to be at allL Chari however only had drinks! And sugarless too!

At the end, Doshar took some photos and we were all laughing quite loud for some reason, each one complaining about how she looked in the photo, but the photos were absolutely nice. The idea of us all in one picture is a great memory.

We left in twos! Doshar and I went to the Club to get some stuff from the exhibition (that never ends all through the year) and Chari and Wonderer off to their homes I guess. Oh forgot to tell you, Wonderer came along with her son's microscope hoping that since Doshar is a famous dentist would be able to assemble it for her! Hehehehehe. Won't tell u how that went, will leave it to them when and if they comment!

Rats! How could I forget, Wonderer called Nerro, all of us were hoping she could make it. But she was at work and could not take any time off.

I do pray some day the next meeting more of you bloggers in Egypt can be there. It was a great gathering!
Me, I hope u are not teased... We really wish u could be there at some point. Insha'Allah u will.

Jane if u are reading this, I really wish u can make it to Egypt some time. I would love to meet u in person some time too!

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ana metghaza :( I usually don't have meetings around this time of the day "as it is lunch time" but that day we had some people coming from the States fa we were kinda stuck...Glad u girls had fun :)) Looking forward to see you all sometime SOON isa :)

8:15 AM, January 19, 2006  
Blogger Dalulla said...

no no no ya Nerro .. please do not be metghaza. Insha'Allah we will get to meet.. BUT unfortunately my son is sick again!

11:19 AM, January 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooops...so sorry to hear that ya Dallula...salamet Omar...hope he get well soon isa.

12:04 PM, January 19, 2006  
Blogger Just Jane said...

Dalulla,
I wish I could have been there. It sounds like such a lovely time. Someday I will come to Egypt.

I'm sorry that Omar is ill again. Hope he is feeling better soon. Both my son and daughter are sick as well...what a week!

2:42 AM, January 20, 2006  
Blogger roora said...

yes Jane I would like to meet you as well
and ISA ya dallula , in the comming gathering ISA, I would like to Join !

12:21 AM, January 21, 2006  
Blogger Wonderer said...

So you did it, before leaving Roastery we were wondering who will be the fastest to write about the gathering hehehehe

BTW, I am never late but Chari was supposed to pick me up from my place and she was late:) Ma3lish 3arosa ba2a:)) But I have to admit that I really enjoyed the outing so much.

As for the microscope, it is now at Toys R Us and I have a debt note with the amount of 230 LE in my wallet:) I wanted my son to be a scientist but alas tough luck:)

Nerro, we really missed you. I will leave after a week on the 28th, I have to see you before I go ISA.

1:31 AM, January 21, 2006  
Blogger Wonderer said...

P.S. I am so sorry that Omar is sick again. Salamto alf salama.

1:32 AM, January 21, 2006  
Blogger ~Daydreamer~ said...

Great blog and post. Hey, can we see the pics? :D Would love to meet my blogger friends one day like that as well.

1:41 AM, January 21, 2006  
Blogger doshar said...

it was very nice indeed. and breakfast was delicious!
the pics are on my hard disc. will send them to dalulla, wonderer and Chari ISA. as for posting them, .. don't know. wonderer had an idea about that, don't know if we are gonna go for it? what do you say wonderer?

3:27 PM, January 22, 2006  
Blogger Dalulla said...

Nerro,
thanks dear, i do pray he continues to get better and not get sick after a day or two again

Jane,
I hope u do come for a visit sometime insha'Allah (GOd willing).. Kids are getting sick so frequently now, and especially here in Egypt pollution is quite nasty.. I really don't know what to do.. I do wish We can move from where we are now to another part of cairo.. I really do!


roora,
it sure would be nice if u did!

Wonderer,
i was just teasing u about not being there on time.. It was a unique chance for me to pick on someone since i am the one who is usually late! Not that i enjoy the quality but Omar always comes up with things!
i did check all ur blogs for any posts then when non of u wrote anything i thought i would do it! It was something to write about.

day dreamer..
Thank you my dear, glad u came for a visit. About the pisc, well i have no reservation posting them, but i do not know what the other gals feel about it.. and Doshar's position is kinda vague..

guess we'll have to wait and see what they think!

2:31 PM, January 23, 2006  
Blogger DareDevil said...

Neat post :)

3:29 PM, January 24, 2006  
Blogger adhm said...

اولا
لم اكن لااهتم بالرد لولا انى وجدت روحا طيبة
ثانيا
لم اكن اعرف انة حى حتى مات
ولقد انهيت ردى بطلب المغفرة لة ولاموات المسلمين جميعا ولكن المحترم حذف بعض الكلمات فاضطررت لنشر الرد عندى
ثالثا
لم اكن اعاير احد بشىء
ومشكلتنا نحن المصريين ليست بالتأكيد المعايرة ولكن نسيان الاخطاء والخطايا التى ارتكبت فى حقنا فنحن نتمتع بذاكرة الدجاج
رابعا
كونى مصرى احب بلدى واغير عليها يمنعنى من الحقد على اى بلد اخر او انسان
واخيرا انا اسف انى صدعت دماغ حضرتك واطلب منكِ السلام للاستاذ عمر الجميل ربنا يحمية وينور طريقة
ملحوظة لاتهم احد
بما ان الانجليزى بتاعى من ايام اعدادى فطلبت المساعدة من موقع صخر للترجمة
ودى كانت النتيجة
ربنا يستر علينا جميعا

أوّلاً، قد اللّه يريح روحه في السّلام و يسامحه على أيّ إينشا'الاه انتهاكات . قد اللّه يريح كلّ الأرواح في السّلام و يمنحهم المغفرة . الآن، لأدهم، هذا الرّجل ميّت، يتذكّر موتيكوم ما7اسينا إيثكورو القائل ؟?? ولاء ؟ لا يجب أن يكون لديك هذه النّبرة عن أي شخص، بدلاً من ذلك، ينبغي أن تطلب المغفرة بدلاً من كتابة ما كتبته ! أنا مصريّ مثل يو ...
فعلاً لدى بعض النّاس أخطاء، لكنّك لا يمكن أن تنتهي التّعميم .
يوم الآخر فال ياكول خيران بل وا بيلاه كان مينكوم يو2مين لبالإضافة إلى ذلك
، الرّجل لياسماوت أو، ربّما إذا كان الرّجل حيًّا حتّى الآن، و كان لديك فرصة للتّكلّم هذه الكلمات، كان يمكن أن تذهب و أخبرته شخصيًّا و على الأقلّ أعطاه فرصة للرّدّ، لكنّ الآن يا أخي هو ميّت ... يجب أن أعترف بمو3يرا القضيب العلويّ أحيانًا أوكريز من بعض الإنديفيدولز، لكنّ هؤلاء الأفراد على الإطلاق ريبريسنت كلّ مواطني البلد بالكامل . هناك الخير و الشّرّ في كلّ مكان . ماسرييين القضيب العلويّ بينهم هؤلاء الّذين هم بيي3يرو با3د ككلّ أين آخر . لا يجب أن تعمّم أدهم . أنصحك فقط لملكك خاصّ جيّد . كن بضاعة 7يكد القضيب العلويّ . تتعلّم أن تسامح و لا تسقط في الشّيطان الكمين يشدّك نحو ! ثانية أريد تذكيرك أنّ الرّجل ميّت ! إثكورو ما7اسين موتيكو و ساداات أيضًا رجل ميّت أريد تذكيرك ! موتا الموسليمين ليجهفر اللّه نحن يهدي ويلات الموسليمين . بادال مانيد3ي 3الا 7اد، كان 3ييش قانون هداية بل نيد3يلو، نحن كان قانون را7ما بل بساط . تعلّم من النّبيّ محمد، تعلّم من توليرينس ه و فورجيفنيس ه
(كأنى باسمع المترجم بتاع الجزيرة)

11:18 AM, February 01, 2006  
Blogger Wonderer said...

where are you dalulla?

3:52 PM, February 02, 2006  
Blogger idi said...

Yes, you are right, good friends are so rare.
I have a good girl friend and she told me last year if my new education would not start she would like to share a flat with me cause we can chat so well together.

Now my education will start on 1sr of April to teach handicapped in speach (logopaedist) and I said to my girl friend: Now you must look for another girl friend whith whom you can share the flat the money for it and the nice chatting and she said:

No, over the last years we have shared so much joy and sorrow together I only was thinking of you, my other girl friends do not understand me so well like you do

...well I never knew
...until that day
...that my friendship means so much to her

4:37 AM, February 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home